QC Blog: Random Thoughts

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random Thoughts

I haven't heard anything from the Creative Director yet at Quiltmaker. I'd be surprised if she could explain that cathedral window quilt block to me with the different colors that I mentioned before. (p. 28 of Spring 2008 issue of Quiltmaker's all time favorites).

I sent our local newspaper a photo of the Patriotic Patchwork quilt, and apparently they are going to print it this week, so maybe our raffle will get a little movement. I presented the idea of this quilt to our group to help me get rid of the red, white and blue fabric I had on hand, because I'm not really into those colors too much for a quilt. Ironically, I've ended up with a ton of r,w, and b leftover. Also, in case you got the mistaken impression I did that quilt myself, I didn't. I did quilt it on my Hinterberg machine, but had much help from 5 or 6 other women to put it together. I like the multicolor binding - I think it sets it off nicely.

I've been spending a lot of time watching the election coverage this week and not quilting. I was truly inspired by Barak Obama's speech on Friday night. I was impressed with the emotion in people's eyes as they watched him talk. The same tears were in my own. Hope is a powerful thing.

Today, the talk has changed to the Alaska VP candidate. Please pardon me if I say that I think it absurd to be talking about any one's 1982 basketball career and nickname as a resume to be Vice-President.

I'm going to combine my reading and quilting today. A friend of mine listens to audio books when she quilts so I thought I'd try that today. I did get one Alan Alda book that looked interesting in addition to a few romances.

My husband and I are going on a trip next week to Stone Harbor, NJ. I'm looking forward to trying out the new camera while we're there on some scenic spots. My current camera is 6mp and the new one is 12mp. My computer screen doesn't have the resolution to effectively view the photos. I wish someone had mentioned that before I bought it. (sigh).

It's a beautiful day, so I'm going to take advantage of the sunlight (my sewing room has skylights) and go sew!!

MJS

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP