QC Blog: Christmas in March

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Christmas in March

Are you busy filling out your census? It's not hard, right?

Here's an update of what I've been working on this week. I was following a pattern in a Quilt in a Day book called Stockings and Small Quilts. Eleanor Burns' sister Patricia Knoechel wrote it. Aren't they cute? They're pretty simple and I'm using them for a wedding shower this weekend.
Mark and I went to see John Oates (of Hall and Oates, my favs, of course) in a solo concert last week in Kent, Ohio. It just so happened that the Kent Stage Theater was right across the street from a charming little quilt store, the Katie Brook Quilt Store, where I was lucky enough to while away an hour or so before the show since they were open late on Thursdays. I found some fabric that might go with a new project I'm working on, but limited myself to only 1/2 yards (a lot of restraint for me).

The following day, my friend and I attended a quilt show in North Hills. The same store I visited in Kent had a setup there as well. They carry a lot of embroidery panels that were really pretty. The show was really a good one. Every few years there are a lot of hand quilted quilts in the shows (probably due to the time it takes to quilt them). I enjoy seeing that. Quilt shows are great inspiration to keep working on your quilting.

I'm in the process of quilting a baby quilt on my Voyager machine, but can't seem to get the tension right. I changed from a regular bobbin to a pigtail bobbin and the thread keeps breaking and driving me crazy.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

Sorry you had to visit Ohio. I hope the people weren't very rude to you. What a great find.. guess it makes the trip worth it.
Renee

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP