QC Blog: Snow!!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow!!

Here comes December with the first snowfall of the year. It came on quickly, changing overnight from pouring rain to snow. I'm always in awe of the weather when that happens. I'm using a photo of last year's huge snowfall for my Christmas cards this year.

About a month ago, I discovered I had pneumonia, which seemed to come out of the blue. It made no sense to me that I didn't even have a cough and had walking pneumonia. I had chills and fever and a horrible headache for 5 days. I was so relieved that I didn't have to have a lumbar puncture to test for viral meningitis, that I was thrilled to be diagnosed with pneumonia.

I finished a quilt this weekend for my cousin's baby, Skye, who was born at the end of September. I wanted to make a tote bag to carry it and got thrown off my timetable by being sick. I particularly like the orange in the quilt. It was very simple strip piecing.

My quilt group and I have been trying to decide what to do for a Christmas celebration this year. Usually one of us has a party, but with our numbers dwindling, I thought maybe we could do something different this year. We've decided to go to a tea room this year, and have an afternoon celebration. December is such a busy time, we wanted to slow down the pace.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP