QC Blog: Top o' the Mornin' to You!!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top o' the Mornin' to You!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you! I'm sitting here working on the computer, listening to my various Irish CD's and tapes today - from the Chieftains and Bagpipe music to a tape called "Kiss Me I'm Irish," that has one of my favorite songs, The Murphy Bed. Some of these Irish songs are hilarious. It's got all the classics - It's a Great Day for the Irish, When Irish Eyes are Smiling, and McNamara's Band. It also has Maureen O'Hara, the actress, singing several songs. I used to drive the boys crazy in the car making them listen to this tape about a week before St. Patrick's Day. It was great fun! I have to admit though, her rendition of Danny Boy is the best.

So, this week I've been reactivating my account at Facebook. There's also a Quilting Site similar to Facebook called Quilting Friends. I'm pretty new to both, so I'm having some growing pains. I didn't know it was possible to be socially awkward online - like when you look yourself up and it says "Mary Jane has no friends." How depressing. And then there's that point where you find someone you know and you reach that moment of decision. Should I "friend" them or not? Do I really want them to know I was here? Do I want them as a friend? Or do I want them to know what I am doing? Hmmm, it's all quite a dilemma.

I signed up last week on several quilting blog sites and this week found a new one. You can find it at QuiltQua.com. It's got blogs, show and tell, links, articles, and lots of other great stuff. There are loads of wonderful pictures too. You have to take the link just to find out what Qua means.

I'm also busy trying to link my photos to a new website I've found so folks can see them and order them. Please check back in the next week or so, I hope to have the link up by then. I have so many beautiful photos and am anxious to share them.

Until we meet again....(the bagpiping is getting to me)

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP