QC Blog: Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

My quilt circle friends and I went to a Christmas tea last week. We decided to do something different this year. I just love having scones and clotted cream, something I never have in my regular life.

My friend Jenny made me this Beatles wall hanging, to show off the Abbey Road patch she bought me on a trip to England this past summer with her family. Isn't this cool? She even printed out the apple and glued it on the top of the hangar.

My Christmas cards were in the mail yesterday, an anomaly for me. Some years are so busy I never get to sending the cards at all. I used one of my own photos this year, and had the card printed with our names. That made things easy. When I got out my list, I realized quickly I hadn't ordered enough of them. The photo was taken from my front door last February, the night we had 18 inches of snow. I happened to be up in the middle of the night (as a night owl, I often am awake at odd hours) and was watching the snow, marveling at how bright it was outside. Finally I had to get out the tripod and camera and take the picture. I then added the bit from The Night before Christmas to the card because it was so perfect. I have never experienced a quieter, more beautiful snowfall. If even a tiny bit of the beauty of that night comes across in the card, then I accomplished my goal. Happy Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP