QC Blog: A Duel?

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Duel?

I think it's odd that so many people are writing about Michelle Obama's arms (here I am writing about it, too) and how she should cover them up. Any woman that has arms that are as beautifully defined as hers are, should show them off as often as possible. Please, all you critics, don't try to tell her how to dress - she knows what she looks good in and doesn't need your help. There's no reason to cover her arms unless she's cold. Personally, I admire her style and think she looks great!

In reading other people's answers to the SewMamaSew stash questions, I was surprised by how many people don't iron their fabric, even when they're into their project. Personally, I think it's so essential to iron your fabric - having everything crisp makes the seams match so much better, but that's just me.

I've been registering my blog on a variety of blog sites in the past few days. I am totally amazed at how many names are out there for websites, in addition to how many bloggers are out there. My own name, The Quilting Crusader, was one that my kids came up with when they were little. The idea was that I was a Super Hero Quilter. We came up with names for all my trusty sidekicks and my adversaries. As I was searching I came across a site called The Quilting Pirate. It's a very nice site and well done. But I gotta tell you, I laughed when I read the name. I could just picture her Pirate and my Crusader in a duel. "En Garde!!" We could cross needles with one another, but who would win?? Of course, I have the shield of my thimble, so I think I have the edge. To my fellow quilter out there -- "Arghhh!"

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP