QC Blog: Savor Each Moment

Friday, March 20, 2009

Savor Each Moment

I can't help but be somewhat subdued tonight after hearing the news about actress Natasha Richardson, who died after a fall while taking a beginner skiing lesson. I hope they know that tons of people give them their love and thoughts of hope. This is the kind of story that just makes your heart break for the entire family. I admit that death, in its many forms, seems to make me cry easily these days, whether I see it in a program I'm watching, or just hear about someone who died. Being with my mother when she passed away gives me a picture of each person keeping their bedside vigil, hoping their loved one will survive, or waiting for them to be out of their pain. I supposed the numbness of my mom's death in June is wearing away, replaced by a sadness that pops up when I least expect it. Life is so short, and you really do have to savor every moment.

I am still working on gathering photos for my website page titled "Photos."It's not an easy process and I guess that's a good thing - it means I have lots of photos I think are good. I think I might go out this weekend and take some new city pictures if the weather is nice. Blue skies are coming to Pittsburgh - today was a gorgeous day.

I was on the Quilting Friends site today and they asked about our favorite tools. Mine is my Martelli Ergo 2000 Rotary Cutter and the Martelli Quilter's Edition Mat, called a Round-a-bout. The round-a-bout is so cool. It has a spinning base so when you need to trim, you just turn the mat, not your block. The ergonomic cutter is wonderful for your hand. I never use my old one anymore.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Mary Jane,
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I lost my own Mom when I was in my 20's. She never got to meet her grandchildren :-( It is a hard road to walk, but in time the pain does subside, but you just never forget. Mom's are special people that cannot be replaced. My mother in law is now under hospice, so we don't know the number of her days. I am very thankful that my dc have had such a special grandma in their lives. We have been blessed.

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP