QC Blog: Quilting queries

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quilting queries

Have you ever read directions over and over again and they just don't make sense to you? That's what happened to me when I first started to learn quilting. I would read the Georgia Bonesteel book called Lap Quilting over and over and try to decipher what the heck she was talking about. It never started to make any sense until I took my first class in "learning how to quilt," which is also why I love to teach it. I love that feeling of having the light bulb go on in some one's head, when they finally figure out that they can make something lovely if they keep working at it each day.

Anyway, I'm in a quandary right now, and maybe someone who reads this can help out. In the Spring 2008 issue of Quiltmaker's All time favorites, page 28, there's a picture of a cathedral window with baby colors. Gorgeous of course. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how they made that square with different colors of baby fabric. I've made these cathedral windows before and that's not my problem. For now, I've sent an email to Quiltmaker to ask, but have not received a reply. I'd like to find that Benartex baby fabric also, and as computer savvy as I think I am, I'm not really "search savvy," and can't find it anywhere.

So if you're out there and can enlighten me as to either of these two questions, I'd love to hear from you.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP