QC Blog: Ah, it's September

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ah, it's September

Yes, folks it's back to school time. The air is cool, and the school buses are roaming the neighborhoods today. My own children are grown (the youngest is in college), but I still feel that urge to go buy notebooks and pencils at this time of the year. I probably have more blank notebooks than anyone I know. I just love office supplies. Remember when we were kids and the teacher would hand out a test and you'd hold it to your nose and sniff the mimeographed paper? Oh, was that only me that did that? Or the smell of a brand new textbook?

Besides office supplies, I am in love with bookstores. There's nothing like cracking open the spine of a new book and reading it. Sometimes I buy a book simply because I love the way it feels - the paper they used, or the cover material, or the size of the book influences me greatly. My husband knows he can leave me in a bookstore and go shopping, and it doesn't matter if he takes an hour or two, I'll still be contented with browsing in the bookstore. I credit my love of books to my mother, who loved to read, and generously gave that gift to her kids.

Yes, as the commercial says, it's the most wonderful time of the year - you get a little more time to yourself (for quilting, of course) and the excuse to go buy a new notebook.


12:05 pm 9.3.08

2 comments:

Michele Cook said...

I'm a new member to the group and was reading the digest. I saw your post and wanted to check out your blog. Your last two posts sound so much like me I was trying to remember when I wrote those! I love your blog and will be reading more of it! Thanks for posting!

Michele
Michele Cook Designs
http://michelecookdesigns.blogspot.com
http://michele38.etsy.com

quiltingcrusader said...

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them.

mj

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP