QC Blog: Phones

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Phones

I got a new phone yesterday. This one is the Chocolate 3, even though it's actually blue in color (my favorite part is the color). They talked us into trying a bunch of bells and whistles, like how I can have mobile web on this tiny 1 inch screen and somehow, I was enticed by that idea. Well, after a day of scrolling through the news on this minuscule (though large, by phone standards) screen, I'm opting out of that program, for sure. It's ridiculous that I couldn't just look at a newspaper headline or turn on the radio or watch the news on my new flat screen TV, rather than trying to go blind and crazy surfing for news or sports on my phone. Maybe this is for some, but not for me. I'm not even that good at texting, yet when I was in the store, I was definitely considering buying the phones that had a mini keyboard on them. It takes me about 5 minutes to type a few words in response to my youngest son, whose fingers fly across the keys. I want to reach through the phone and strangle him when he replies in about 3 seconds, meaning I have to wrestle the keyboard again. I did get a great hint though - you can type an email and send it to a person's phone as a text message. If I have more than 3 words to text, I'm headed to the computer.

Not much going on this weekend, but watching football (we're all sad - the Steelers lost) and reading a new book.

I'm on the hunt for a server for my website next. The site is ready to put up this week.

Till tomorrow.

mjs 9.21.08 11:33pm

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP